Friday, May 20, 2011

10 down and 3 to go!

Today I went to my pre-op visit with the anesthesiologist and all went well.  There were challenges to get there, like not being able to find a sub, leaving later than expected, getting lost, but I made it.  When I was there they weighed me and I am FINALLY down 10lbs!  I was super excited to finally make it to the big 1-0.  Even though losing 10lbs was amazing, I think the best part of my day was leaving school.  When I was walking out, my students all tackled me with hugs.  It felt so nice to see how many of them care about me, I am truly going to miss them while I am gone.

On a happier note, only 3 days to go!  I kind of feel a little unprepared, even though I have been to 5 different classes,  and a support group.  For example, today I had to ask my Mom what pureed food is, I though I had to turn everything into soup.  Glad I asked because that was not the case.  I also need to think about what to take to the hospital with me.  I guess tomorrow can be a hospital shopping day.  I am still confused on how I am supposed to get 80g of protein a day if I can't eat a lot.  I guess as the questions and problems arise, I will use my supports, like Dr. V's office, Obesityhelp.com, my support group, and of course my Mommy.

I suppose that is all for right now.  Hopefully I will remember to post on Sunday night with my last minute thoughts.  Thank you to everyone for all the love you have shown me!

No comments:

Post a Comment